Skip to main content

Undergraduate Advisement

Read here for resources available to you for advice on navigating the psychology major or minor, graduation, post-graduation opportunities, and internships.

1. College of Family, Home & Social Sciences Advisement Center

Psychology Advisor:
Bryan Walker (
Call: 801-422-3541 to set up an appointment.
Phone: 801-422-3541
Fax: 801-422-0226
Location: 1041 JFSB

FHSS College Advisement Office Hours

Monday 8:00am to 5:00pm
Tuesday 8:00am to 10:45am, 12:05pm to 5:00pm
Wednesday 8:00am to 5:00pm
Thursday 8:00am to 10:45am, 12:05pm to 5:00pm
Friday 8:00am to 5:00pm

Students interested in declaring a Psychology major or developing a graduation plan can do so through FHSS College Advisement. This office also offers the following services:

For declaring a psychology major, or questions pertaining to an undergraduate Psychology degree, please see the FHSS Advisement Center in 1041 JFSB.

  • Academic Advisement sessions
  • Career Information
  • Major Orientation Sessions
  • Student Surveys
  • Career Exploration and Development Discussions
  • Graduation Application and Processing

Majors Checklists (major requirements)
Major Academic Plans (MAPs)
Psychology Courses
Psychology Department Faculty

2. Psych Student Support Services

Student Support Services
Emily Warburton & Jared Hales
Phone: 801-422-5356
Location: 1003 KMBL

Fall 2020 Office Hours
Psych Student Services office hours are currently being offered remotely via Zoom. To view availability, check here or contact Psych Student Services at to set up an appointment.

Located in 1003 KMBL, the Psychology Student Support Services Office aids the FHSS Advisement Center by helping students with information related to the Psychology major, such as major requirements, senior capstone projects, questions regarding graduate school, career options in psychology, internships, psychology transfer credits, and so forth.

If you would like to request transfer credit for a psychology class from another university or a substitution of a BYU course for a requirement in the psychology major or minor, you can start the process by filling out this form: Major/Minor Class Substitution Request Form.

Psychology Major Map

Psychology Majors Map: This 2-page document summarizes the requirements for receiving a Psychology degree from BYU.

Internship Office

1. FHSS Internships Office

Karen Christensen
Phone: 801-422-3697
Location: 945 KMBL
Click here for more information regarding internships through the FHSS Internship Office.

2. Psychology Internships Office

Ben Carter
Phone: 801-422-8952
Fax: 801-422-0602
Location: 1007 KMBL

The Psychology Internships Office offers students help with internship and tutoring opportunities. See Joe for information regarding finding an internship, coordinating semester away, and prereqs for Psych 399R. See Brent for information about peer tutoring and Psych 420R (At-risk Youth Mentoring).

Before you visit, be sure to check out the Frequently Asked Questions page, as it may hold the answer to your question.

Also, you might want to visit to begin your own search. BYU currently pays for a subscription to this service.

Applying for an Internship